Monday, December 2, 2013KINGSVILLE, Mo. – With a bright beef price outlook, bidding for bred replacement heifers was strong at the 15th annual Show-Me-Select sale at Kingsville Livestock Auction, Nov. 30.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo. – As animal scientists and farmers learn more about beef cattle genetics, this knowledge will be used to make predictions and select breeding stock.
Friday, November 15, 2013LAKE OZARK, Mo. – Rising beef prices would be even better in returning profits to feeding and producing cattle if based on rising demand and not shrinking supply, said a University of Missouri beef economist.
Media available: video
Wednesday, September 18, 2013SPICKARD, Mo.—Breeding protocols to produce quality beef are “on the shelf,” ready for cow herd owners to use. University of Missouri scientists told the story behind breeding progress at a field day, Sept 17, at MU Thompson Farm in Grundy County.
Thursday, August 29, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo. – Producers added a fifth sale to the fall lineup of Show-Me-Select Replacement Heifers, says Judy Burton, executive secretary of the farmer organization.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013RUSSELLVILLE, Mo. – Better genetics puts high-quality beef on the consumer’s plate. Also, better genetics brings more profits back to the producer’s pocketbook.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–Cattle prices have been at record highs the last few years. The reason is less meat on the market.
Friday, March 29, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo. – Owners of commercial beef herds baffled by all those numbers in bull catalogs should meet Jared Decker.
Media available: photo
Tuesday, March 19, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–A new USDA animal disease traceability rule requires that livestock animals be officially identified before they are moved across state lines.
Thursday, August 2, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo – Some heat-stressed cows are delivering premature calves, ahead of normal fall-calving season.
- G2001, Real-Time Ultrasound: Possible Uses in Genetic Prediction
- G2006, Increase Your Calf Crop by Good Management, Pregnancy Testing, and Breeding Soundness Examination of Bulls
- G2007, Assisting the Beef Cow at Calving Time
- G2011, Determining Reproductive Fertility in Herd Bulls
- G2015, Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology of the Cow
- G2016, Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology of the Bull
- G2017, Pelvic Measurements and Calving Difficulty
- G2032, Understanding and Using Sire Summaries: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2033, Using Performance Records in Commercial Beef Herds
- G2035, Calving Difficulty in Beef Cattle: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2038, Modern Commercial Beef Sire Selection: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2039, Genetics of Reproduction: Considerations for Sire Selection
- G2040, Crossbreeding Systems for Small Herds of Beef Cattle
- G2041, Management Considerations in Beef Heifer Development
- G2140, Collecting Genetic Material from Beef Cattle
- M148, Beef Cow/Calf: Breeding and Genetics
- M149, Beef Cow/Calf: Reproduction
- MP101, Guide to Estrus Synchronization of Beef Cattle
- MP735, Using MGA to Shorten the Beef Breeding Season
You may be interested in these related publications: