Monday, December 15, 2014PALMYRA, Mo.—Show-Me-Select heifers reached new record prices, averaging $3,208 on 286 head. The sale was Dec. 13 at F&T Livestock Market in Marion County.
Media available: video
Monday, December 8, 2014 COLUMBIA, Mo. – In an all-time record-setting sale, 168 bred replacement heifers sold for an average of $3,033 at the Fruitland (Missouri) Livestock Auction, Dec. 6.
Monday, December 1, 2014KINGSVILLE, Mo. – “Calves from these heifers will be worth a lot next year,” the auctioneer told bidders at the Show-Me-Select replacement heifer sale, Saturday, Nov. 29, at Kingsville Livestock Auction.
Monday, November 24, 2014CARTHAGE, Mo. – Before his Show-Me-Select replacement heifer sale, Eldon Cole hoped to top $1.5 million for 521 heifers from area cattle producers enrolled in the University of Missouri beef betterment plan. The MU livestock specialist hit it, with dollars to spare.
Thursday, October 16, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – Early on, Eldon Cole guessed he had 400 Show-Me-Select bred heifers to sell on Nov. 21. With consignments tallied, he has 540.
Monday, September 15, 2014SALEM, Mo. – Rebuilding the U.S. cow herd numbers takes more than keeping female offspring to breed.
Monday, July 21, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– The situation for cattle producers is outstanding. That was the message University of Missouri Extension agricultural economist Ron Plain delivered during the 2014 Summer AgMarketing Outlook Conference.
Thursday, August 2, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo – Some heat-stressed cows are delivering premature calves, ahead of normal fall-calving season.
- G2001, Real-Time Ultrasound: Possible Uses in Genetic Prediction
- G2006, Increase Your Calf Crop by Good Management, Pregnancy Testing, and Breeding Soundness Examination of Bulls
- G2007, Assisting the Beef Cow at Calving Time
- G2011, Determining Reproductive Fertility in Herd Bulls
- G2015, Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology of the Cow
- G2016, Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology of the Bull
- G2017, Pelvic Measurements and Calving Difficulty
- G2032, Understanding and Using Sire Summaries: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2033, Using Performance Records in Commercial Beef Herds
- G2035, Calving Difficulty in Beef Cattle: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2038, Modern Commercial Beef Sire Selection: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2039, Genetics of Reproduction: Considerations for Sire Selection
- G2040, Crossbreeding Systems for Small Herds of Beef Cattle
- G2041, Management Considerations in Beef Heifer Development
- G2140, Collecting Genetic Material from Beef Cattle
- M148, Beef Cow/Calf: Breeding and Genetics
- M149, Beef Cow/Calf: Reproduction
- MP101, Guide to Estrus Synchronization of Beef Cattle
- MP735, Using MGA to Shorten the Beef Breeding Season
You may be interested in these related publications: