Thursday, September 22, 2016SPICKARD, Mo. – “As beef prices drop, improved genetics gain value,” Dave Patterson told Thompson Farm visitors Tuesday, Sept. 20.
Wednesday, September 21, 2016SPICKARD, Mo. – Cow herd owners leery of the futures market or insurance for risk management can look to quality beef for protection.
Tuesday, September 13, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri Extension beef specialists will sum up almost two decades of research at a field day, Sept. 20, at the MU Thompson Farm, Spickard.
Friday, June 3, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers call it a “preg check.” Veterinarians call it “pregnancy diagnosis.” Either way, knowing a cow is with calf becomes step one for making money in a dairy herd.
Thursday, May 5, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Genetics of beef cattle vary by region across the United States. Those differences develop over time as beef herds evolve in local environments.
Media available: photo
Monday, February 29, 2016FORSYTH, Mo. – Beef calves born early in the calving season are worth more. Ranch records show those economics. Research from the University of Missouri Thompson Farm shows how to get more calves born early in the season.
Thursday, August 2, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo – Some heat-stressed cows are delivering premature calves, ahead of normal fall-calving season.
- G2001, Real-Time Ultrasound: Possible Uses in Genetic Prediction
- G2006, Increase Your Calf Crop by Good Management, Pregnancy Testing, and Breeding Soundness Examination of Bulls
- G2007, Assisting the Beef Cow at Calving Time
- G2011, Determining Reproductive Fertility in Herd Bulls
- G2015, Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology of the Cow
- G2016, Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology of the Bull
- G2017, Pelvic Measurements and Calving Difficulty
- G2032, Understanding and Using Sire Summaries: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2033, Using Performance Records in Commercial Beef Herds
- G2035, Calving Difficulty in Beef Cattle: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2038, Modern Commercial Beef Sire Selection: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2039, Genetics of Reproduction: Considerations for Sire Selection
- G2040, Crossbreeding Systems for Small Herds of Beef Cattle
- G2041, Management Considerations in Beef Heifer Development
- G2140, Collecting Genetic Material from Beef Cattle
- M148, Beef Cow/Calf: Breeding and Genetics
- M149, Beef Cow/Calf: Reproduction
- MP101, Guide to Estrus Synchronization of Beef Cattle
- MP735, Using MGA to Shorten the Beef Breeding Season
You may be interested in these related publications: