Friday, April 18, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – Beef herd owners rebuilding cow numbers have two sales this spring to buy Show-Me-Select Replacement Heifers.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013RUSSELLVILLE, Mo. – Better genetics puts high-quality beef on the consumer’s plate. Also, better genetics brings more profits back to the producer’s pocketbook.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–Cattle prices have been at record highs the last few years. The reason is less meat on the market.
Thursday, August 2, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo – Some heat-stressed cows are delivering premature calves, ahead of normal fall-calving season.
- G2001, Real-Time Ultrasound: Possible Uses in Genetic Prediction
- G2006, Increase Your Calf Crop by Good Management, Pregnancy Testing, and Breeding Soundness Examination of Bulls
- G2007, Assisting the Beef Cow at Calving Time
- G2011, Determining Reproductive Fertility in Herd Bulls
- G2015, Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology of the Cow
- G2016, Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology of the Bull
- G2017, Pelvic Measurements and Calving Difficulty
- G2032, Understanding and Using Sire Summaries: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2033, Using Performance Records in Commercial Beef Herds
- G2035, Calving Difficulty in Beef Cattle: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2038, Modern Commercial Beef Sire Selection: BIF Fact Sheet
- G2039, Genetics of Reproduction: Considerations for Sire Selection
- G2040, Crossbreeding Systems for Small Herds of Beef Cattle
- G2041, Management Considerations in Beef Heifer Development
- G2140, Collecting Genetic Material from Beef Cattle
- M148, Beef Cow/Calf: Breeding and Genetics
- M149, Beef Cow/Calf: Reproduction
- MP101, Guide to Estrus Synchronization of Beef Cattle
- MP735, Using MGA to Shorten the Beef Breeding Season
You may be interested in these related publications: