Monday, December 15, 2014PALMYRA, Mo.—Show-Me-Select heifers reached new record prices, averaging $3,208 on 286 head. The sale was Dec. 13 at F&T Livestock Market in Marion County.
Media available: video
Monday, December 8, 2014 COLUMBIA, Mo. – In an all-time record-setting sale, 168 bred replacement heifers sold for an average of $3,033 at the Fruitland (Missouri) Livestock Auction, Dec. 6.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– Commodity prices both in the U.S. and worldwide are under pressure and likely to remain so for quite a while.
Monday, September 15, 2014SALEM, Mo. – Rebuilding the U.S. cow herd numbers takes more than keeping female offspring to breed.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– Crop prices have fallen sharply while livestock prices have reached record levels in 2014. Next year could see some moderation in livestock prices and continued low crop prices.
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
- G419, Developing a Farm Newsletter
- G420, Designing a Farm Resume
- G600, Crop Marketing Plan
- G640, Adding Value
- G641, Capturing vs. Creating Value
- G650, Building Your Brand
- G6222, Selling Strategies for Local Food Producers
- G6223, Starting and Operating a Farmers Market: Frequently Asked Questions
- G6227, Farmers Markets and Social Media: Social Media Use and Purchase Patterns of Missouri Farmers Market Consumers
- G6228, Farmers Markets and Social Media: Promotional Media Use by Missouri Farmers Market Organizers
- G6229, Using Social Media to Learn About Consumer Needs and Preferences
- NRAES51, Produce Handling for Direct Marketing
- SX1011, Marketing Strategies for Farmers and Ranchers
You may be interested in these related publications:
- G642, Establishing the Transfer Price: Balancing Businesses
- G643, Hedging Ethanol in the NYMEX Unleaded Gas Futures
- G648, Break-even Pricing, Revenue and Units
- G649, Selecting an Appropriate Pricing Strategy
- G3651, How to Compute Your Cost of Producing Milk
- G3661, Artisan Cheeses in Missouri: Retail Grocers' Perceptions
- G3662, Artisan Cheeses in Missouri: Consumer Buying Habits and Preferences
- G6221, Marketing Vegetables in Missouri
- G9420, Landowners' Guide to Lease Hunting in Missouri
- MP910, Resources and Services for Minority Farmers and Ranchers
- NCR610C, Managing Production and Marketing Systems: Business Management for Farmers