Tuesday, May 7, 2013FRUITLAND, Mo. – Fall-calving Show-Me-Select bred replacement heifers averaged $1,822 at the Fruitland (Mo.) Livestock Auction, Saturday, May 4.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013RUSSELLVILLE, Mo. – Better genetics puts high-quality beef on the consumer’s plate. Also, better genetics brings more profits back to the producer’s pocketbook.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–With good weather in 2013 crop production could increase, pushing prices down.
Monday, April 8, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.– Whether you’re a seasoned farmer or this spring is your first in the field, the University of Missouri’s College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (CAFNR) field days will offer ample opportunities to learn about techniques, tools and technology that you can employ on your farm.
Media available: photos
Wednesday, March 13, 2013TRENTON, Mo. –Breeding beef heifers for quality takes more than better genetics. It requires attention to details.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–We can expect more corn and soybeans acres planted in 2013, said a University of Missouri agriculture business specialist at the Jan. 17 Winter AgMarketing Outlook Conference.
Thursday, August 23, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – This year’s drought has taken its toll on the livestock industry, which has sold off thousands of animals because feed is too costly. A program at the University of Missouri may help these producers rebuild their herds with animals that produce more of the high-quality grades of beef that consumers are demanding.
Media available: video
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
- G419, Developing a Farm Newsletter
- G420, Designing a Farm Resume
- G600, Crop Marketing Plan
- G640, Adding Value
- G641, Capturing vs. Creating Value
- G650, Building Your Brand
- G6223, Starting and Operating a Farmers' Market: Frequently Asked Questions
- G6227, Farmers Markets and Social Media: Social Media Use and Purchase Patterns of Missouri Farmers Market Consumers
- G6228, Farmers Markets and Social Media: Promotional Media Use by Missouri Farmers Market Organizers
- G6229, Using Social Media to Learn About Consumer Needs and Preferences
You may be interested in these related publications:
- G642, Establishing the Transfer Price: Balancing Businesses
- G643, Hedging Ethanol in the NYMEX Unleaded Gas Futures
- G648, Break-even Pricing, Revenue and Units
- G649, Selecting an Appropriate Pricing Strategy
- G3651, How to Compute Your Cost of Producing Milk
- G6221, Marketing Vegetables in Missouri
- G6222, Selling Strategies for Local Food Producers
- G9420, Landowners' Guide to Lease Hunting in Missouri
- MP910, Resources and Services for Minority Farmers and Ranchers
- NCR610C, Managing Production and Marketing Systems: Business Management for Farmers