Monday, January 9, 2017ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – University of Missouri Extension offers information to help farmers choose soybean varieties based upon maturity data at the annual Northwest Missouri Certified Crop Adviser Conference, Jan. 17-18 in St. Joseph.
Monday, December 19, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers using irrigation will benefit from a new University of Missouri Extension web application.
Friday, November 4, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri Extension weed scientists report the first confirmed case of multiple-herbicide-resistant Palmer amaranth in Missouri. It likely is the wave of the future.
Media available: photo
Wednesday, September 21, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Without protective gear, working around grain dust can cause severe respiratory problems, says University of Missouri Extension safety and health specialist Karen Funkenbusch.
Thursday, August 11, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Do not try to save money when it comes to control of waterhemp, the biggest weed problem for Missouri soybean growers.
Media available: photos
Thursday, July 14, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – How late in the growing season can rescue nitrogen be applied to corn and still be profitable?
Tuesday, July 12, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Only 43 percent of Missouri pesticide applicators read the label each time they mix and spray.
Thursday, August 9, 2012ALBANY, Mo. – Fertility needs following a drought, safely stretching forage supplies and improving soils and boosting yields are a few of the topics farmers can learn about at Hundley Whaley Research Center’s annual Field Day Aug. 29, 2012.
Media available: photos
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA – Soybeans that won’t make a seed crop offer potential high-quality forage for beef and dairy producers. The decision to cut beans for hay won’t be easy, say University of Missouri Extension specialists.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers are reporting that in spite of prolonged drought and hot temperatures their soybean plants appear amazingly green for this time of year.
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
- G1280, Measuring and Reducing Soybean Harvesting Losses
- G4410, Soybean Production in Missouri
- G4412, Soybean Variety Selection
- G4415, Drilled Soybeans in Missouri
- G4420, Irrigating Soybeans
- G4442, Soybean Rust
- G4450, Soybean Cyst Nematode: Diagnosis and Management
- G7150, Soybean Pest Management: Bean Leaf Beetle
- G7151, Soybean Pest Management: Stink Bugs
- G7152, Soybean Pest Management: Dectes Stem Borer
- M123, Missouri Soybean Handbook
- NCR158, Herbicide Symptoms in Dry Edible Beans
- NCR159, Edible Bean Disease and Disorder Identification
- NCR198, Recognition and Management of Dry Bean Production Problems
- PS6, Common Soybean Insects
- PS103, Soybean Diseases I
- PS104, Soybean Diseases II
You may be interested in these related publications:
- AGW1017, Drought-Related Issues in Forage, Silage and Baleage
- CB1, Agriculture Guide Book
- CB4, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G2000 - G5999
- F248, Soil Nutrient Deficiencies and Toxicities Poster
- G2076, Alternative Feeds for Beef Cows and Stockers
- G3270, Whole Soybeans for Dairy Cattle
- G4366, Phosphorus Management for Drill-Seeded Rice
- G4875, Control of Perennial Broadleaf Weeds in Missouri Field Crops
- G4953, Wheat-Soybean Double Crop Management in Missouri
- G7110, Corn Earworm in Missouri
- G7112, Black Cutworm in Missouri
- G7114, Seedcorn Maggot
- G7119, Quick Reference Insecticide Spray Guide: Soybean
- G9131, Sampling Plant Tissue and Soil for Analysis
- IPM1002, Soybean Diseases
- IPM1006, Introduction to Crop Scouting
- IPM1007, Weed Identification and Herbicide Injury Guide for Corn and Soybean
- IPM1016, Crop Nutrient Deficiencies and Toxicities
- IPM1030, Management of Glyphosate-Resistant Waterhemp in Corn and Soybean
- M171, 2015 Missouri Pest Management Guide: Corn, Grain Sorghum, Soybean, Winter Wheat, Rice, Cotton
- MWPS13, Grain Drying, Handling and Storage Handbook