Wednesday, December 4, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo. – Crop pests of the past that may be big problems in 2014 will be featured in update sessions during the MU Crop Management Conference, Dec. 17-18 in Columbia.
Tuesday, November 5, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo. – Missouri corn yields are surprisingly good overall, despite late planting and a lack of rain during critical growing times.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo. – Advanced planting technologies can reduce labor, seed and other input costs, and increase profits, says a University of Missouri Extension cereal crops specialist.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo. – As rainfall increases, the amount of topsoil decreases. So does the amount of grain the land can produce.
Media available: photo
Friday, April 26, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo. – There is a simple, inexpensive way to reduce errors in herbicide applications and limit off-target chemical drift, says a University of Missouri Extension weed management specialist.
Media available: photo
Tuesday, April 16, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–With good weather in 2013 crop production could increase, pushing prices down.
Friday, March 8, 2013WASHINGTON – If average weather returns, look for a record 2013 corn crop—and for corn prices to drop $2 per bushel, says a University of Missouri economist.
Monday, February 18, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–There is a lot of uncertainty about farm policy in Washington, and current budget debates will determine whether there will be a farm bill and what it will look like, said Pat Westhoff, director of the University of Missouri Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–Atrazine, presently used on more than 85 percent of the corn acres in Missouri, is considered one of the most effective and least costly herbicides in use. University of Missouri Extension is helping farmers and communities manage atrazine runoff so the herbicide remains available.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–We can expect more corn and soybeans acres planted in 2013, said a University of Missouri agriculture business specialist at the Jan. 17 Winter AgMarketing Outlook Conference.
Friday, January 18, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo. – Japanese beetle populations in Missouri are likely to increase exponentially in the coming year, says an entomologist for University of Missouri Extension.
Media available: photos
Monday, January 14, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.– When adjusting the settings on a combine, there needs to be a balance between acceptable grain loss and acceptable grain quality.
Thursday, August 9, 2012ALBANY, Mo. – Fertility needs following a drought, safely stretching forage supplies and improving soils and boosting yields are a few of the topics farmers can learn about at Hundley Whaley Research Center’s annual Field Day Aug. 29, 2012.
Media available: photos
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
- G1290, Measuring and Reducing Corn Harvesting Losses
- G1310, Low-Temperature, In-Bin Drying: Shelled Corn in Southwest, Central and North Missouri
- G2061, Corn Silage for Beef Cattle
- G4155, Aflatoxins in Corn
- G4590, Corn Silage
- G7111, Southwestern Corn Borer Management in Missouri
- M166, Corn Insect Pests: A Diagnostic Guide
- NCR344, Uneven Emergence in Corn
- P73272, Single Frame Corn Crib
- P73280, Double Pole Corn Crib
- P73281, Double Corn Crib, 4-foot Alley
- P73283, Double Corn Crib, Overhead Bin
- PS4, Corn Insects: Above Ground
- PS5, Corn Insects: Below Ground
- PS111, Corn Diseases III
- PS150, Corn Herbicide Injury 1
You may be interested in these related publications:
- AGW1017, Drought-Related Issues in Forage, Silage and Baleage
- CB1, Agriculture Guide Book
- CB4, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G2000 - G5999
- F248, Soil Nutrient Deficiencies and Toxicities Poster
- G2056, High-Moisture Grain for Beef Cattle
- G2076, Alternative Feeds for Beef Cows and Stockers
- G4851, Atrazine: Best Management Practices and Alternatives in Missouri
- G4875, Control of Perennial Broadleaf Weeds in Missouri Field Crops
- G7110, Corn Earworm in Missouri
- G7112, Black Cutworm in Missouri
- G7113, European Corn Borer: A Multiple-Crop Pest in Missouri
- G7114, Seedcorn Maggot
- G7115, Managing the Armyworm Complex in Missouri Field Crops
- G9131, Sampling Plant Tissue and Soil for Analysis
- G9177, Preplant Nitrogen Test for Adjusting Corn Nitrogen Recommendations
- IPM1001, Corn Diseases
- IPM1006, Introduction to Crop Scouting
- IPM1007, Practical Weed Science for the Field Scout: Corn and Soybean
- IPM1016, Crop Nutrient Deficiencies and Toxicities
- IPM1030, Management of Glyphosate-Resistant Waterhemp in Corn and Soybean
- M171, 2013 Missouri Pest Management Guide: Corn, Grain Sorghum, Soybean, Winter Wheat, Rice, Cotton
- MWPS13, Grain Drying, Handling and Storage Handbook
- NCR327, European Corn Borer: Ecology and Management
- NCR553, Insect Resistant Crops Through Genetic Engineering
- NCR602, Bt Corn & European Corn Borer: Long-Term Success Through Resistance Management