Wednesday, December 10, 2014KIRKSVILLE, Mo.– Farmland prices have likely peaked, but expect cattle prices to continue upward.
Media available: photo
Tuesday, December 2, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– The Useful to Usable (U2U) climate initiative recently launched a new online decision-making tool, Corn Split N, that helps farmers and crop advisers manage the application of in-field nitrogen for maximum crop yields and minimum environmental damage.
Monday, November 17, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – With more than 90 percent of the state’s corn crop harvested, the University of Missouri Variety Testing Program reports yields far exceeding national averages.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – As corn yields exceed commercial storage space, farmers will likely store some of this year’s crop in on-farm bins and in unconventional ways.
Media available: photo
Friday, October 17, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – With potential record yields still in fields, crop farmers fret with wet weather in October, especially in northern and mid-Missouri areas that also had a wet September.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– Commodity prices both in the U.S. and worldwide are under pressure and likely to remain so for quite a while.
Monday, October 13, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. –Corn producers may be able to better predict yield for specific parts of fields or large tracts of land using the results of a mapping research study.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– Crop prices have fallen sharply while livestock prices have reached record levels in 2014. Next year could see some moderation in livestock prices and continued low crop prices.
Monday, July 21, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– The supply of corn is outracing the demand.
Thursday, March 13, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – A wet fall harvest and a cold winter might make conditions especially dangerous for grain producers emptying grain bins to fulfill commodity contracts and prepare for wheat harvest.
Media available: audio; photo; video
Thursday, August 9, 2012ALBANY, Mo. – Fertility needs following a drought, safely stretching forage supplies and improving soils and boosting yields are a few of the topics farmers can learn about at Hundley Whaley Research Center’s annual Field Day Aug. 29, 2012.
Media available: photos
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
- G1290, Measuring and Reducing Corn Harvesting Losses
- G1310, Low-Temperature, In-Bin Drying: Shelled Corn in Southwest, Central and North Missouri
- G2061, Corn Silage for Beef Cattle
- G4155, Aflatoxins in Corn
- G4590, Corn Silage
- G7111, Southwestern Corn Borer Management in Missouri
- M166, Corn Insect Pests: A Diagnostic Guide
- NCR344, Uneven Emergence in Corn
- P73272, Single Frame Corn Crib
- P73280, Double Pole Corn Crib
- P73281, Double Corn Crib, 4-foot Alley
- P73283, Double Corn Crib, Overhead Bin
- PS4, Corn Insects: Above Ground
- PS5, Corn Insects: Below Ground
- PS101, Corn Diseases I
- PS102, Corn Diseases II
- PS111, Corn Diseases III
- PS112, Corn Diseases IV
- PS150, Corn Herbicide Injury 1
You may be interested in these related publications:
- AGW1017, Drought-Related Issues in Forage, Silage and Baleage
- CB1, Agriculture Guide Book
- CB4, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G2000 - G5999
- F248, Soil Nutrient Deficiencies and Toxicities Poster
- G2056, High-Moisture Grain for Beef Cattle
- G2076, Alternative Feeds for Beef Cows and Stockers
- G4851, Atrazine: Best Management Practices and Alternatives in Missouri
- G4875, Control of Perennial Broadleaf Weeds in Missouri Field Crops
- G7110, Corn Earworm in Missouri
- G7112, Black Cutworm in Missouri
- G7113, European Corn Borer: A Multiple-Crop Pest in Missouri
- G7114, Seedcorn Maggot
- G7115, Managing the Armyworm Complex in Missouri Field Crops
- G7117, Quick Reference Insecticide Spray Guide: Cotton
- G9131, Sampling Plant Tissue and Soil for Analysis
- G9177, Preplant Nitrogen Test for Adjusting Corn Nitrogen Recommendations
- IPM1001, Corn Diseases
- IPM1006, Introduction to Crop Scouting
- IPM1007, Practical Weed Science for the Field Scout: Corn and Soybean
- IPM1016, Crop Nutrient Deficiencies and Toxicities
- IPM1030, Management of Glyphosate-Resistant Waterhemp in Corn and Soybean
- M171, 2015 Missouri Pest Management Guide: Corn, Grain Sorghum, Soybean, Winter Wheat, Rice, Cotton
- MWPS13, Grain Drying, Handling and Storage Handbook
- NCR327, European Corn Borer: Ecology and Management
- NCR553, Insect Resistant Crops Through Genetic Engineering
- NCR602, Bt Corn and European Corn Borer: Long-Term Success Through Resistance Management