Tuesday, July 1, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– A presentation and panel discussion on porcine epidemic diarrhea virus has been added to the 2014 North American Manure Expo.
Friday, May 16, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– The 2014 North American Manure Expo will be held in Springfield, Missouri, on July 8-9. The expo rotates among states each year and this is the first year Missouri is hosting the event.
Monday, April 7, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – Beef producers faced calving challenges this winter due to historic cold weather. Producers and veterinarians reported that some cows simply lay down and gave up this winter when it came time to calve.
Media available: photo
Tuesday, April 1, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers who lost forages or livestock in the drought of 2012 should prepare to document those losses. The 2014 farm bill includes livestock disaster aid going back to 2011.
Media available: video
Wednesday, March 5, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – When milk producers first hear of the Margin Protection Program for Dairy Producers, they become confused about the new farm bill safety net.
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
- AED40, Greenhouse Barns for Dairy Housing
- AED51, Hoop Barns for Dairy Cattle
- G1406, Preventing Shocks to Cows in Milking Parlors
- G3050, Introduction to Pasture-Based Dairy Models
- G3051, Converting an Existing Dairy to the Missouri 75-Cow Grazing Model
- G3052, Starting a 75-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3053, Starting a 150-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3054, Starting a 300-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3055, Starting a 600-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- M168, Dairy Grazing Manual
- M175, Dairy Grazing: Philosophy of Pasture-Based Dairying
- M176, Dairy Grazing: Genetics of the Grazing Cow
- M188, Dairy Grazing: Milk Quality
- M192, Dairy Grazing: Economics of Pasture-Based Dairies
- M193, Dairy Grazing: Dairy Career Paths
- MWPS7, Dairy Freestall Housing and Equipment
You may be interested in these related publications: