Thursday, October 20, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Missouri dairy farmers can receive updates on how to produce quality milk at a free Nov. 2 event at University of Missouri Foremost Dairy Research Center west of Columbia.
Wednesday, October 19, 2016CONWAY, Mo. – Like many dairy farmers, Lloyd and Jane Gunter are retirement-age. Jane is a retired home economics teacher and her husband has run Gunter Farms since 1963.
Media available: photos
Wednesday, July 27, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – A good grass-growing year helps farmers who are changing from toxic tall fescue to novel-endophyte fescue, say University of Missouri forage specialists.
Monday, July 18, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – The summer slump in cool-season grass growth got a knockout punch from heavy rains in July across much of Missouri.
Thursday, June 28, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – Drought-stricken forages that accumulate nitrates can kill grazing livestock, quickly, warns a University of Missouri plant scientist.
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
- AED40, Greenhouse Barns for Dairy Housing
- AED51, Hoop Barns for Dairy Cattle
- G1406, Preventing Shocks to Cows in Milking Parlors
- G3050, Introduction to Pasture-Based Dairy Models
- G3051, Converting an Existing Dairy to the Missouri 75-Cow Grazing Model
- G3052, Starting a 75-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3053, Starting a 150-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3054, Starting a 300-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3055, Starting a 600-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- M168, Dairy Grazing Manual
- M175, Dairy Grazing: Philosophy of Pasture-Based Dairying
- M176, Dairy Grazing: Genetics of the Grazing Cow
- M188, Dairy Grazing: Milk Quality
- M192, Dairy Grazing: Economics of Pasture-Based Dairies
- M193, Dairy Grazing: Dairy Career Paths
- MWPS7, Dairy Freestall Housing and Equipment
You may be interested in these related publications: