Monday, June 29, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – Three dairy farmers will join the speakers at the Breimyer Seminar, July 13 at the University of Missouri.
Monday, June 22, 2015SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – With an aging population of farmers and producers, preparing agriculture’s next generation is more important than ever.
Media available: photo; video
Tuesday, June 16, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – Efforts to stop the drop in dairy cow numbers will be the topic at a Breimyer Seminar, July 13, at the University of Missouri.
Tuesday, May 5, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – The Missouri Dairy Grazing Conference provides insights and in-depth help on turning grass into green dollars with regular milk checks.
Tuesday, May 5, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – “Now is the time to kill toxic tall fescue,” says Craig Roberts, forage specialist.
Thursday, April 30, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo.—Missouri, with a rich heritage in milk production, is primed for dairy revitalization, says a University of Missouri Extension economist.
Wednesday, April 22, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo.– Dairy producers saw record profits last year, but prices are down this year.
Wednesday, November 5, 2014PURDY, Mo.– Dairy farmer Charles Fletcher is a musician at heart. Since switching from a traditional dairy system to pasture-based rotational grazing 17 years ago, he has expanded his operation, increased his bottom line and has more time to make music, playing harmonica with a local bluegrass group called Ozark Mountain Revival.
Media available: video
Wednesday, October 15, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– Dairy producers are coming off a tremendously profitable 2014, and the outlook for 2015 is promising.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– Crop prices have fallen sharply while livestock prices have reached record levels in 2014. Next year could see some moderation in livestock prices and continued low crop prices.
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
- AED40, Greenhouse Barns for Dairy Housing
- AED51, Hoop Barns for Dairy Cattle
- G1406, Preventing Shocks to Cows in Milking Parlors
- G3050, Introduction to Pasture-Based Dairy Models
- G3051, Converting an Existing Dairy to the Missouri 75-Cow Grazing Model
- G3052, Starting a 75-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3053, Starting a 150-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3054, Starting a 300-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3055, Starting a 600-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- M168, Dairy Grazing Manual
- M175, Dairy Grazing: Philosophy of Pasture-Based Dairying
- M176, Dairy Grazing: Genetics of the Grazing Cow
- M188, Dairy Grazing: Milk Quality
- M192, Dairy Grazing: Economics of Pasture-Based Dairies
- M193, Dairy Grazing: Dairy Career Paths
- MWPS7, Dairy Freestall Housing and Equipment
You may be interested in these related publications: