Awards and Recognition
Nomination process and award categories
Beginning in 2014, there are five awards that may be presented annually by MACEDEP. To nominate yourself (encouraged) or someone else, complete the UNIVERSAL AWARD APPLICATION (you may use the form or submit the information in an email) and submit to the awards committee chair, Crystal Weber, at WeberCD@missouri.edu. The details of each award, including any additional eligibility criteria or nomination requirements, may be found below.
- Distinguished Career Award: Recognizes a MACEDEP member who is actively engaged in Extension community economic development programs AND who has served more than seven years (as of January 1) in the program areas of community development, business development, or related fields.
- Educational Technology Award: Recognizes the use of technology in either: delivering or managing educational programs; expanding the use of technology in Extension work; or promoting logical problem-solving techniques using educational technologies. Awards may be for an individual OR a team.
- Excellence in Teamwork Award: Recognizes outstanding Extension programming or projects conducted by a team that demonstrates effective performance and significant impact at the community, area, state, or multi-state level.
- Cross Program Award: Recognizes a MACEDEP member or group of members for excellence in Extension work that combines or integrates community resources and economic development activities with work in other program areas. Applicants may focus upon community, regional or state programming. Eligible recipients must be current members of MACEDEP and at least half of team applicants must be MACEDEP members. Note that the collaboration must be outside business development and community development to qualify, such as with HES, 4-H, or agriculture faculty.
- Excellence in Community Resource and Economic Development Award: Recognizes a MACEDEP member or group of members for outstanding programs in any aspect of community development work or for program accomplishments relative to scholarly and creative activities, teaching and/or research effectiveness, and to show evidence or collaboration with others who help meet community development needs.
Download the MACEDEP Universal Award Application: PDF | Word
View list of past award recipients
Nomination deadline is August 31, 2015.
Submit a MACEDEP Universal Awards Application (one per nomination) and any required supplemental material to the awards committee chairman:
MACEDEP awards committee chair
University of Missouri Extension - Clay County
Clay County Annex
1901 NE 48th Street
Kansas City MO 64118