Awards and Recognition
Nomination process and award categories
Currently there are five awards that may be presented annually by MACEDEP. The categories and their criteria are aligned with those for the National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP). Award winners will be forwarded to NACDEP for consideration of a regional or national award.
To nominate yourself (encouraged) or someone else:
View list of past award recipients
1. Review the criteria for award category of interest. Note that some categories require additional information than is listed in the Universal Award Application. Complete one Universal Award Application for each nomination.
2016 MACEDEP Universal Award Application PDF | DOC
2. Complete the Universal Award Application, including any additional information required for that award category
3. Submit to award committee chair, John Gulick, at: GulickJ@missouri.edu. The 2016 deadline is Sept. 20.
The links below have been updated for 2016. However, the criteria have not changed.
- Distinguished Career Award (PDF): Recognizes a MACEDEP member who is actively engaged in Extension community economic development programs AND who has served more than seven years (as of January 1) in the program areas of community development, business development, or related fields.
- Educational Technology Award, Individual or Team (PDF): Recognizes the use of technology in either: delivering or managing educational programs; expanding the use of technology in Extension work; or promoting logical problem-solving techniques using educational technologies. Awards may be for an individual OR a team.
- Excellence in Teamwork Award (PDF): Recognizes outstanding Extension programming or projects conducted by a team that demonstrates effective performance and significant impact at the community, area, state, or multi-state level.
- Cross Program Award, Individual or Team (PDF): Recognizes a MACEDEP member or group of members for excellence in Extension work that combines or integrates community resources and economic development activities with work in other program areas. Applicants may focus upon community, regional or state programming. Eligible recipients must be current members of MACEDEP and at least half of team applicants must be MACEDEP members. Note that the collaboration must be outside business development and community development to qualify, such as with HES, 4-H, or agriculture faculty.
- Excellence in Community Resource and Economic Development Award, Individual or Team (PDF): Recognizes a MACEDEP member or group of members for outstanding programs in any aspect of community development work or for program accomplishments relative to scholarly and creative activities, teaching and/or research effectiveness, and to show evidence or collaboration with others who help meet community development needs.
Questions and nominations should be sent to Submit a MACEDEP Universal Awards Application and any required supplemental material to the awards committee chairman:
MACEDEP awards committee chair