Private Pesticide Applicator's Training
Farmers and landowners are required to hold a Private Pesticide Applicator certificate in order to purchase, apply, or supervise the application of restricted use pesticides for the purpose of producing any agricultural commodity. For more information about the 2015 sessions below, contact Max Glover, MU Extension agronomist at 573-633-2640.
- Lewis County - February 9 at 7:00 pm in the Highland High School Ag Classroom
- Clark County - February 11 at 7 pm at the Clark County MU Extension office in Kahoka
- Marion County - February 12 at 9 am at the Philadelphia Community Center and 7 pm at the Palmyra Parks Sesquicentennial building
- Knox County - February 19 at 3 pm and 7 pm at the MU Greenley Research Center
Livestock lease agreements
Older farmers and young farmers strapped for capital are teaming up in increasing numbers to form livestock lease alliances. For more information about cutting your farming costs, contact MU Extension AgriBusiness specialist Karisha Devlin at 660-397-2179 or email@example.com
NEMO AG Connection Newsletter
The NEMO AG Connection newsletter is a monthly publication containing the latest information from MU Extension Ag specialists in Ag Business, Agronomy, Ag Engineering, Livestock and Horticulture. Ag Connection is your local link to MU for ag extension and research information. http://agebb.missouri.edu/agconnection/
4-H: Leaders for life
4-H Faculty, Staff and Volunteers create multiple opportunities for youth. 4-H project work and related educational experiences help youth explore interests in citizenship, communications and leadership. 4-H Youth report 3 times more opportunities than their non-4-H peers to engage in meaningful community leadership roles. This interest in leadership and community service translates to a 70% greater likelihood of 4-H members to attend college compared to youth participating in other out-of school programs. 4-H is growing the leaders of tomorrow today. For information on joining 4-H, contact your local MU Extension center.
What's there to do in the winter?
Check out the latest issue of the Garden Talk newsletter and read tips for vegetables, fruits, and lawn care each month. Also, check out the latest Horticulture Radio Programs for up-to-date information from MU Extension Horticulturalist Jennifer Schutter.
Popular MU Extension Publications
- G302, 2012 Custom Rates for Farm Services in Missouri
- G427, 2011 Cash Rental Rates in Missouri
- G810, Missouri Fencing and Boundary Laws
- MP651, Midwest Tree Fruit Spray Guide
- G6201, Vegetable Planting Calendar
- G855, Pesticide Laws and Regulations
- AGW1017, Drought-Related Issues in Forage, Silage and Baleage
- AED60, Cattle Feeding Buildings in the Midwest
- M190, Dairy Grazing Fence and Water Systems
Share MU Extension