Continuing education, seminars and courses
On these pages
For viewing and printing
Courses and events
Like Osher on Facebook
Make a gift to OLLI
All Osher at Mizzou courses will meet at the Moss Building about 1/3 mile from the Stadium/Old Highway 63 intersection. Turn on Hillcrest Drive. The Moss Building (Osher at Mizzou) and the Hillcrest Community Center will be on the left. The Moss Building entrance is located on the east side. Parking is conveniently located.
As a registered student in our program, you may request a library card for use in the MU Libraries. Should you wish a library card, please apply through our office.
If the Columbia School System cancels classes, the Osher classes, too, will not meet on that day.
Contact Osher at Mizzou
573-882-2585 or 573-882-8189
Directions and parking
Courses are held in the Moss Building at 1907
Hillcrest Drive in Columbia, Mo., at the Waters-Moss
Memorial Wildlife Area unless otherwise noted.
Each week we email all members, and often
these emails include information not printed
in the course catalog. Details about upcoming
Brown Bag Seminar and reviews of the movies
to be shown at the Friday Film Festival are
routinely shared in these emails. In addition, new
and exciting events might come up later and will
be scheduled as a talk, a formal presentation or
seminar. We rely on email to get you this timely
You can stay well-informed if you have taken
the time to send your email address to Till
Rosenberger firstname.lastname@example.org. Do it today! Be sure to check your email for
information about spontaneous events that
certainly may prove exciting.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Join us for the Osher at Mizzou 2014 Fall Session
Osher at Mizzou delivers courses designed to complement the interests, concerns and lifestyles of the over-50 adult.
Announcing new opportunities
Two courses, Researching Your Family History and Travels With Sharon (Kinden) will be available at Hickory, Clark, Butler,
Boone counties. Register today.
Save the date
Tribute dinner — Thursday, Oct. 9
Learn more about Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Watch the video below.
Premier member (annual)
Those more motivated seekers of wisdom have
an opportunity to be a Premier member of Osher.
For $240, you become a yearlong Osher member,
allowing you to attend any course or class session
that you wish. Instead of paying for individual
classes throughout the year, pay only one $240
fee per year; a $10 re-enrollment processing fee
will be charged for each of the three subsequent
semesters that comprise one academic year. Reenrollment
entails declaring the courses you will
take in these next three semesters, which helps us
plan for class facilities and instructor rosters.
The Premier membership is designed to help you
significantly increase your participation in Osher
classes throughout the year at an affordable price.
We sincerely hope you will take advantage of this
opportunity to become Premier members.
Special privileges for Premier members
An Osher at Mizzou special ID, non-shareable
membership card provides access to all the perks
that accompany Premier membership:
- Enroll in courses with limited numbers of participants ONE week in advance of the general enrollment period (like technological literacy courses such as Tablets and Smartphones.)
- Audit all classes, if they aren't already full, on short notice and at no additional cost.
- Request a University of Missouri library card for one full year.
- Attend brown bag seminar series without additional cost.
- Attend Friday film festival for one year without additional cost and bring a guest at no charge.
- Personal invitation to the Robert G.Silvers Memorial Seminar reception.
- Eligibility to serve on the Osher at Mizzou advisory council and committees.
Osher classes are open to all on an “as-registered” basis at the rate of $80 per course. Since yearlong membership may not suit every lifestyle, we have left intact our original fee structure. You may continue to pay fees for individual course enrollment — exactly as in the past — and those fees have not changed. Individual enrollments continue at $80 per course in the fall and spring sessions and $60 for each enrolled course in winter and summer. To attend only one session in the potpourri courses, the fee is $25.
- "The classes put me in small
group learning situations with experts in the field and in instances such
as this course targeted to my place in the life cycle."
- "Reconnect with other
retirees -- excellent topics!"
- "All of us need to continue to learn. It keeps us involved in our community
and exercising our brains."
- "Your program is excellent -- a real service to the community. Cheers
to the staff!"
- "The classes have opened doors to information and ideas that continue to
enrich my life. I am so grateful for those instructors who share their deep
understanding and knowledge and give us seniors new things to think about."
- "It keeps my mind active and in great shape -- it is exercise for
- "I love the variety of new subjects that one can study and enjoy."
- "A widening of knowledge on all of these subjects enhances the value of