Individuals and families
Regional extension specialists across the state will offer fact-based programs to help individuals and families better understand the new health care law and make informed health insurance decisions.
These local programs will cover topics such as
- basics of how the health care law affects health insurance,
- what the new health care law means for you and your family,
- how to understand all of your health insurance options including Missouri’s Health Insurance Marketplace,
- how to get help to pay for your health insurance,
- how to enroll in health insurance,
- basic health insurance terms,
- the impact of the new health care law on employer coverage and other types of health insurance, and
- changes to Medicare based on the new health care law.
Resources to help you
Handout: What is the Missouri Health Insurance Marketplace? (PDF)
Health insurance frequently asked questions on eXtension.org. (What is eXtension?)
State-specific information and tools: Cover Missouri Coalition — The Cover Missouri Coalition website includes a subsidy calculator individuals and families can use to see how much they might save if you can get financial help to pay for your health insurance.
Enrollment information: HealthCare.gov