Council district option
The council district option manual, brochure and other resources for councils are now available. Read more ...
Council information system
Data management system for county councils that includes membership reporting, election data and ballots.
Tools for councils
Missouri extension councils
County, regional and state extension council members serve as the interface between MU Extension and elected representatives in local and state government. Council members have many opportunities to be key communicators and advocates for the valuable programs and work that extension does in communities across the state.
2015 Council to Campus
The 2015 Council to Campus registration is now live! This year we will convene on the MU Campus June 19 and 20. Register online at http://muconf.missouri.edu/counciltocampus/. Register early because space is limited on some tours.
In all 114 Missouri counties, an MU county extension council, of elected and appointed citizens, guides local educational programming. County council members are partners in the entire educational process, from needs assessment through program implementation and evaluation of outcomes.
MU Regional Extension Councils include representatives from each county extension council within the region. Each county council selects its representatives. Regional extension councils are the forums through which county councils cooperate in providing effective, educational programs through:
- Discussion and exchange of information on regional issues;
- Recommendations on topics and issues related to regional and county concerns;
- Assistance in the training of county extension councils;
- Promotion of and support for multicounty planning and programming;
- Fostering of the partnership of MU Extension, UMESC and the county councils; and
- Support for the policies and procedures jointly adopted by MU Extension and UMESC.
The University of Missouri Extension State Council promotes the common interest of county councils through:
- Support for research and extension programs of MU and Lincoln University at all levels of government, and
- Dissemination of information on the need for, and advantage of, research and extension.
The MU Extension state council is comprised of individuals who currently serve, or have served, on a county extension council and who are elected by regional extension councils.
The council meets the second Friday of each month.