Continuing education, seminars and courses
2012-2013 Osher Re-entry Scholarship endowment
Barbro and Bernard Osher
Through the San Francisco-based Bernard Osher Foundation, the University of Missouri will award scholarships of up to $2,000 per recipient. Scholarship funds may be applied only toward the cost of mandatory educational fees for the fall 2012, and spring and summer 2013 semesters. Unused funds will be returned to the Osher scholarship fund for reallocation.
To apply you must:
- Be an MU student admitted to your first baccalaureate degree. (The scholarship is not available to those seeking a second bachelor's or graduate degree.)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S resident.
- Have experienced a cumulative five-year interruption in your studies. The interruption in studies does not have to be consecutive and may include a gap between graduating from high school and entering college.
- Plan to participate in the workforce after graduation.
- Have financial need, but not necessarily have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, forms.
All application materials are due by midnight May 15, 2012.
The Bernard Osher Foundation was founded in 1977 by Bernard Osher, a respected businessman and community leader. The foundation seeks to improve quality of life through post-secondary student scholarships (now provided to more than 48 institutions of higher education across the nation) and arts and humanities grants. It also supports selected programs in integrative medicine as well as a national network of lifelong learning institutes for older adults. Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes operate on the campuses of more than 100 colleges and universities from Maine to Hawaii, including at MU.
Professional development events
- March 24 to 28, 2014
Community Development Academy-Courses 1 and 2 Spring 2014
- March 24 to 27, 2014
- April 8, 2014
Advancing Renewables in the Midwest 2014
- April 10 to 12, 2014
National Block and Bridle Convention 2014
- April 14 to 16, 2014
2014 Midwest Symposium on Therapeutic Recreation and Adapted Physical Activity
- April 16 to 18, 2014
2014 Broader Impacts Infrastructure Summit
- May 13 to 15, 2014
65th Annual Traffic Conference and Seminars
- May 28 to 30, 2014
IPG Symposium on Plant Protein Phosphorylation
- June 2 to 6, 2014
2014 Agricultural Lenders School
- June 3 to 4, 2014
Emerging Issues in Agricultural Lending Symposium
- June 4 to 8, 2014
FRTI Summer Fire School 2014
- June 25 to 27, 2014
Cambio de Colores 2014
- July 13 to 24, 2014
Summers @ Mizzou 2014
- Oct. 9 to 12, 2014
SABE 2014 National Self Advocacy Conference