6 financial tips for the New Year
1. Review current spending. Think about where you can plug unplugged spending leaks.
2. Order and review your three free credit reports at www.annualcreditreport.com.
3. Review your debt load. Find anextra $10 each week to pay more than the minimum.
4. Review your energy costs and consider weatherizing.
5. Plan weekly menus to reduce shopping trips and cut grocery costs.
6. Make sure you’re putting away money so you’ll have reserves in case of an emergency.
Contact: Suzanne Gellman, GellmanS@missouri.edu, or Michael Ravenscraft, RavenscraftMR@missouri.edu, financial education specialists.