Starting a Small Business: The First Steps
This introductory 3-hour course will provide you with an overview of the first steps associated with starting a business. It is designed specifically for those who are thinking about starting a business. Participants will have an opportunity to assess their strengths and weaknesses, learn about the importance of planning, discuss the legal and regulatory requirements, and identify sources for financing. The last half hour of this class will be dedicated to questions and answers and general discussion.
- Identify the resources that will assist you with starting a business in Missouri
- Identify areas in which participants need additional business assistance or training
Length: Three hours, 6 - 9 pm all dates.
Course material: Handouts will be provided.
- The basics of business ownership and planning
- Forms of business ownership and legal issues
- Marketing basics
- Financing basics
- Questions and answers
Instructional format: Lecture and discussion
- January 14, 2016
- February 10, 2016
- March 9, 2016
- April 14, 2016
- May 12, 2016
- July 21, 2016
- August 16, 2016
- September 22, 2016
- October 2016 - to be scheduled
- November 2016 - to be scheduled
Cost: $35. Sign up for this class and The Basics of Writing A Business Plan and your cost is $60. Payment due at the first program to receive the discount. Registration preferred, but not required.
Register by calling the Cole County Extension Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org.