Interested in joining 4-H? Use this list to find a club near you. Annual dues vary between clubs.
Scholarships are available to help families so that cost is not a barrier to participation. We have ways to help everyone become involved. Financial Assistance Application (PDF)
Cole County clubs
Traditional 4-H Community Clubs:
- Brazito Eager Elves 4-H Club meets at 7 p.m. on the second Monday at the Brazito Lions Club, Brazito.
- Clover Crusaders 4-H Club (Jefferson City area) meets at 2:30 p.m. on the second Thursday. Location varies. Contact the club at email@example.com for meeting location.
- Four Seasons 4-H Club (Jefferson City area) meets at 7 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday at Christian Fellowship Church, 600 Beck St., Jefferson City.
- Jefferson City 4-H Club meets at 1:00 p.m. on the second Sunday at the Community Room at Hy-Vee, Jefferson City.
- Osage Bend Clover Leafs 4-H Club meets at 10:15 a.m. on the first Sunday at St. Margaret Church Hall, Osage Bend.
- Stringtown-Corinth 4-H Club (Russellville/Lohman area) meets at 7 p.m. on the first Thursday at St. John's Church hall, Lohman.
- St. Martins 4-H Club - organizational meeting 8/26/14 at 6:45pm in St. Martin Church Basement. Regular meeting 6:45pm on fourth Tuesday at St. Martins Catholic Church Basement
- St. Thomas 4-H Club meets at 11:30 a.m. on the third Sunday at St. Thomas Knights of Columbus Hall, St. Thomas.
- Taos Clovers 4-H Club meets at 7 p.m. on the second Thursday at the Taos Knights of Columbus.
- Wardsville 4-H Club meets at 6:45 p.m. on the second Thursday at the Wardsville Lions Club.
Single Project 4-H Clubs:
- 4-H Tech Club - meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday at Cedar Grove Baptist Church, Holts Summit
- Cole County Robotics FIRST (county-wide robotics group) meeting times varies depending on process in robotic build. Typically meets at Founder's Hall on the Lincoln University Campus, Jefferson City. Members must be at least 14 years old to participate.
- Mid-Missouri Bit and Bridle (county-wide horse knowledge group) meets at 7 p.m. on the first and third Friday at the Cole County Extension Center, Jefferson City.
September meeting will be held on Friday, September 12 at 6:30pm at Markway Arena (Eugene, MO). Riding afterwards.
- MidMO 4-H Canine Club (county-wide dog group) typically meets at 2:00 p.m. on the second Sunday at MidMO Waggers Dog Training Facility, Tebbets.
- Horse Crazies (horse-specific club) varies meeting times but typically meets at noon on the first Saturday at Wild Horse Creek Ranch, Russellville.
- Clover Kids - A club meeting just for our 5-7 year-old members! Typically meets the last Tuesday 6:45pm at Cole County Extension Center, Jefferson City
August meeting will be held on Thursday, Aug. 28 - Fishing & BBQ. Call office for more information.
Special Interest Groups:
- Junior Leaders & Interstate Teen Exchange. Be sure to check the monthly calendar for future meeting dates. Membership is open to all 4-H members in Cole and Osage counties ages 12 and up. Members elect a full slate of officers, plan their own community service, leadership and social activities with the help of their adult sponsors. Past activities have included sponsoring an lock-in, mystery dinner theater, assisting with the develolpment of a local park and assisting with the military support group.
Thanks to our volunteers who have agreed to lead projects for anyone in a 4-H club in Cole County. If you would like to join one of these groups, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can put you in contact with these leaders.
- Horses (Knowledge &/or Riding)
- Robotics (Current Leader will mentor you for starting your own project group for ages 8-13; Youth 14 & older may join the FIRST Robotics group meeting at Lincoln University)
- Shooting Sports -- only available to be led by certified instructors: Archery, Air Rifle, Smallbore Rifle, Air Pistol, Shotgun, Smallbore Pistol, Muzzleloading. (Looking for an instructor for Hunting/Outdoor Skills)
- SportFishing -- only available to be led by certified instructors. Looking for a leader for this project. Contact us at email@example.com
For more information, call or email the Cole County Extension Center at 573-634-2824 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Ready to join? More information is on the Cole County 4-H Home Page. If one of these clubs does not suit your needs, talk to us about starting a new club.