Christian County Master Gardeners
Some Upcoming Events
Spring Plant Sale - April 29 - Executive Meeting Center, 421 W. South St., Nixa. 8 a.m. until sold out. Perennials, annuals, shrubs, trees, vegetables and herbs.
Membership Meetings - 6:30 p.m., Central Bank of the Ozarks, Nixa. Nonmembers welcome for programs and refreshments. Feb. 27 - "Fairy Gardens" by Master Gardener Tina Crackley.
Public Seminars - April 15 - Spring seminar on heirlooms vs. hybrids and water conservation and systems, 1-4 p.m., Nixa Community Center, 701 N. Taylor Way, Nixa. Ken Chamberlain on heirlooms/hybrids and Paul Armstrong on water conservation.
Advanced Training for Master Gardeners - June 3 - Workshop on soil amendments, including compost, mulch, bokashi and biochar, 9-12, Ozark Community Center, Ozark. Speakers - Bob Schulteis, Tom Bakie and Ed Cahoj.
OC Classes - Held at the demonstration garden at the OC in Ozark OR inside the OC. May 20 - "Making Salves, Balms and Lotions" by Lisa Pluth. $4 fee per person, payable at the Extension office on the square in Ozark. Registration required at 581-3558.
Let's Be Social
Follow us on our Facebook page or reach us through email at email@example.com.
Welcome to Christian County Master Gardeners! We hope this website will give you useful information about our chapter and that you will to become a Master Gardener and/or attend our free Garden Gate presentations, classes and seminars.
As part of the Master Gardener program in Missouri, we promote and raise public awareness of the University of Missouri Extension as a source of unbiased, research-based gardening information. The Master Gardener program provides indepth horticultural training to individuals throughout Missouri who then volunteer their time and apply what they have learned to help others learn about gardening and environmental education.
Our active members in Christian County Master Gardeners, as University of Missouri Extension volunteers, do the following:
- Deliver educational programs to the public through our Garden Gate series of OC garden classes, public seminars, Advanced Training for Master Gardeners only and monthly programs open to the public
- Staff a Hotline mid-March to mid-October at the extension office in Ozark and available at 417-581-3558
- Host plant sales in spring and fall
- Develop and maintain demonstration gardens at the Ozark Community Center, Rotary Garden in Nixa, Gardens at Woodfield in Nixa, Christian County Judicial Center in Ozark, Butterfly Garden in Clever, Garrison Springs in Ozark and the Nixa Community Center
- Publish monthly Garden Tips article, written by our own Master Gardener Cynthia Andre, in Christian County Headliner News
Our officers may be reached through the Extension office at 417-581-3558: president, David McCurdy; vice president, Virginia Roberts; treasurer, Karen Bell; and secretary, Karen Potter.
Here are some photos from our spring plant sale in 2016:
Master Gardener Online Reporting
Master Gardener Volunteer Record Sheet (PDF)