Tips for Selecting a Heating Contractor
The fall season is here, and we all know what that means: winter is next. And what better way to stay comfortable during the cold weather than having a efficient heating system? The key to success with any such system is quality installation.
If properly sized, designed and installed, your heating system will operate at peak efficiency and give you years of carefree comfort. So, when it comes time for you to repair or replace one, experts recommend you take extra time and care in choosing your contractor.
To help make the selection easier, give some thought to these points:
- Be sure to ask for references. Former customers are an excellent source of information.
- Expect an on-site evaluation visit.
- Dont be afraid to ask questions. Ask for details about the firms experience.
- Get a cost estimate, and compare to make the best choice for your financial needs.
- Insist on a written contract, and dont forget to have the contractor sign it.
Resource: Home Heating Guide "Tips For Selecting A Heating Contractor"
[ Home | Your Money | Get Organized | Tightwad Tidbits | Living Better | Safety & Privacy | Buyer Beware | Kids & Money | About CEU | Search ]
|Web site coordinators:
Last updated: March 09, 2005
|Web site established
University of Missouri Extension does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, religion, age, disability or status as a Vietnam-era veteran in employment or programs.