Winter Survival Kit
If youve ever been caught in your car during severe winter weather, you know the importance of a winter survival kit. Even if you have a cellular phone, you may have to wait until help arrives. Some items you should include in a winter survival kit to keep in your vehicle:
* a knife * extra gas * first aid kit * jumper cables * flares
* colored ribbon or cloth to tie to antenna or door * blankets
* a tow rope * tool kit * extra winter clothing * small snow shovel
* bucket of sand * ice scraper and snowbrush * flashlight and batteries
* non-perishable food, such as nuts, dried fruit, and granola bars
* and a large can with matches and a candle.
I live by the hope that if Im prepared, nothing bad will happen. I have my winter survival kit prepared - do you?
[ Home | Your Money | Get Organized | Tightwad Tidbits | Living Better | Safety & Privacy | Buyer Beware | Kids & Money | About CEU | Search ]
|Web site coordinators:
Last updated: March 09, 2005
|Web site established
University of Missouri Extension does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, religion, age, disability or status as a Vietnam-era veteran in employment or programs.