Callaway County 4-H News
- January 3, 2017 (pdf)
- January 17, 2017 (pdf)
- January 23, 2017 (pdf)
- January 30, 2017 (pdf)
- February 6, 2017 (pdf)
- February 21, 2017 (pdf)
- February 27, 2107 (pdf)
- March 6, 2017 (pdf)
- March 13, 2017 (pdf)
- March 20, 2017 (pdf)
Shooting Sports Schedule 2017 (pdf)
Online enrollment is now open at www.4honline.com.
1. Enrollment will be online only, so if you do not have internet access at home you can go to the library or you can make an appoint to come into the Extension Center. They estimate the time to enroll a family of 4 to be between 20-45 minutes.
2. What do families need to have in hand when enrolling youth?
- An active email address, one of the biggest problems other states had was that some families created their profiles with bogus emails and it caused problems resetting passwords and getting information out to those families. You can easily obtain a free yahoo or gmail account.
- Your demographic data, think about this like an online system that you use that asks you to set up a profile. It's the same type of information we asked for in the enrollment form (address, phone numbers, etc).
- Your club name and projects you wish to enroll in.
- Health information, yes the health form is moving online, so things like insurance information, allergies, prescriptions and other vital information that would have been previously written on a 4-H health form. (This will really help with Shooting Sports-you don't have fill out a bunch of forms, just print them out!)
Help with dues
Are you a member of one of the following insurance companies? If so, you could be eligible for help with your 4-H membership dues.
- Call Member Services to request a voucher
- Aetna/HealthCare USA 1-800-566-6444
- Home State 1-855-694-4663
- Missouri Care 1-800-322-6027
- Take the original signed and dated voucher to your 4-H club leader.
- Club Leader delivers the original signed/dated vouchers to the County Extension Office. Club Leader will still need to collect county ($5) and any club dues.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
State site: http://4h.missouri.edu (project information, end of the year reports, and much more can be found on this site)
How would you like to inspire youth in your community? Do you have a skill or talent you would like to share or do you just want to give back to your community? We are always looking for caring adults to help the Callaway County 4-H program to continue to grow.
To get started we need you to fill out a background check. This form may be turned into a club leader or the Callaway County Extension Center.
You will also enroll on the Missouri 4HOnline website HERE. There is no cost for volunteers to enroll.
The next step is to complete a one-time orientation that can be accessed through the 4H online.
The Senior Council meets the 4th Monday of the month at 6:30pm at the Callaway County Extension Office. This group consists of club leaders, county personnel, and elected representatives.
2017 Dates: Jan. 23, Feb. 20, March 27, April 24, May 22, June 26, July 24, Aug. 28, Sept.25, Oct. 23, & Nov. 27
The Callaway Youth Expo meets the 4th Thursday of the month at 7:00pm at the Callaway County Extension Office. This group consists of a 4H representative, an elected board, parents and youth.
2017 Dates: Jan. 26, Feb. 23, March 23, April 20, May 25, June 22, July 27, Aug. 24, Sept. 28, Oct. 26, & Nov. 30
Clubs in Callaway County
Hardin Hustlers Club meets at 7 p.m. on the third Monday of every month at the Callaway Extension Center Meeting Room in Fulton.
Club leader: Jamie Tillitt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hatton 4-H Club meets at 7 p.m. on the second Monday of every month at the Community Center in Hatton.
Club leader: Roy Rohrbach, email@example.com or 573-642-3172
New Bloomfield Cruisers Club meets at 7 p.m. on the second Monday of every month at Bank Star One in New Bloomfield. Please call before the meeting to verify the location.
Club leader: Steve Hartman, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-491-3598
Mighty Mokaners Club meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month at the Mokane Methodist Church.
Club leader: Terrie Culwell, email@example.com or 573-239-2715
Rising Sun 4-H Club meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month at the Central Christian Church.
Club leader: Carmen Corey, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-220-9769; Leah Baker, email@example.com, Club email: firstname.lastname@example.org
South Callaway 4-H Club meets at 5:00 p.m. on the first Monday of every month at Harmony Hills Youth Camp, 8033 State Road O, Fulton, Mo.
Club leader: Sara Belcher, email@example.com or 573-355-4572
Williamsburg Pioneers Club meets at 6:30pm on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at the Williamsburg Community Center
Club leaders: Jodi Selby, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-254-3067
Teen Leaders Group (ages 13-18) .
Club leader: Soni Jones. Contact the Callaway County Extension office at 573-642-0755 for location and time of meeting.
Callaway County Shooting Sports Program
Coordinator: Lori Davis, email@example.com or 573-642-2844
To join a club or get more information about 4-H programs in Callaway County, contact the Callaway Extension Center at 573-642-0755 or email Callaway@ext.missouri.edu.
Callaway County 4-H programs receive financial support from Callaway County United Way.