Shooting Sports Safety Course for 4-H
- February 20 (Friday) 6-9 pm AND February 21 (Saturday) 9am to noon
- Youth must attend both days to receive credit for the Safety Course
- Call Callaway Extension Center at 573-642-0755 to Register
Callaway County 4-H News
ONLINE ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN at www.4honline.com
1. Enrollment will be online only, so if you do not have internet access at home you can go to the library or you can make an appoint to come into the Extension Center. They estimate the time to enroll a family of 4 to be between 20-45 minutes.
2. What do families need to have in hand when enrolling youth?
- An active email address, one of the biggest problems other states had was that some families created their profiles with bogus emails and it caused problems resetting passwords and getting information out to those families. You can easily obtain a free yahoo or gmail account.
- Your demographic data, think about this like an online system that you use that asks you to set up a profile. It's the same type of information we asked for in the enrollment form (address, phone numbers, etc).
- Your club name and projects you wish to enroll in.
- Health information, yes the health form is moving online, so things like insurance information, allergies, prescriptions and other vital information that would have been previously written on a 4-H health form. (This will really help with Shooting Sports-you don't have fill out a bunch of forms, just print them out!)
Help with Dues..
Are you a member of one of the following insurance companies? If so, you could be eligible for help with your 4-H membership dues.
- Call Member Services to request a voucher
- Aetna/HealthCare USA 1-800-566-6444
- Home State 1-855-694-4663
- Missouri Care 1-800-322-6027
- Take the original signed and dated voucher to your 4-H club leader.
- Club Leader delivers the original signed/dated vouchers to the County Extension Office. Club Leader will still need to collect county ($5) and any club dues.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
How would you like to inspire youth in your community? Do you have a skill or talent you would like to share or do you just want to give back to your community? We are always looking for caring adults to help the Callaway County 4-H program to continue to grow.
To get started we need you to fill out a Volunteer Application Form (PDF). This form may be turned into a club leader or the Callaway County Extension Center.
You will also enroll on the Missouri 4HOnline website HERE. There is no cost for Volunteers to enroll.
The next step is to complete a one-time orientation by one of the following methods:
Clubs in Callaway County
Hardin Hustlers Club meets at 7 p.m. on the third Monday of every month at the Callaway Extension Center Meeting Room in Fulton.
Club leader: Dawn Threatt, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-642-0832
Hatton 4-H Club meets at 7 p.m. on the second Monday of every month at the Community Center in Hatton.
Club leader: Roy Rohrbach, email@example.com or 573-642-3172
New Bloomfield Cruisers Club meets at 7 p.m. on the second Monday of every month at Bank Star One in New Bloomfield. Please call before the meeting to verify the location.
Club leader: Steve Hartman, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-491-3598
Rising Sun 4-H Club meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month at the Central Christian Church.
Club leader: Carmen Corey, email@example.com or 573-220-9769.
Williamsburg Pioneers Club meets on the third Wednesday of every month at the Williamsburg Community Center.
Club leaders: Jodi Selby, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-254-3067; Melissa Gilman, email@example.com or 573-254-3936
South Callaway 4-H Club meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of every at South Callaway School (please contact a leader for exact room location).
Club leaders: Sara Belcher, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-355-4572; Allen Rimert, email@example.com or 573-220-2252
Millersburg Mudders 4-H Club meets at 6:00 pm on the second Monday of every month at the Millersburg Lions Club. Club leader: Brandee Narancich, firstname.lastname@example.org or preferable text to 573-826-0588.
Teen Leaders Group (ages 13-18) meets at 7 p.m. on the first Monday of every month at the Callaway County Extension Center.
Club leaders: Pam Phelps, email@example.com; Pam Heimericks 573-642-0755.
Callaway County Shooting Sports Program
Coordinator: Lori Davis, Lori@ovidbell.com or 573-642-2844
To join a club or get more information about 4-H programs in Callaway County, contact Pam Heimericks, youth program associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-642-0755.
Callaway County 4-H programs receive financial support from Callaway County United Way.