MU Extension events calendar
Professional development events
- Dec. 15 to 16, 2015
Crop Management Conference- 2015
- Jan. 6 to 29, 2016
Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training- Statewide
- Jan. 11 to 15, 2016
2016 Hazardous Waste Management Winter Institute
- Jan. 11 to 15, 2016
Youth Development Academy: Raising the Potential of Professionals
- Feb. 5 to 7, 2016
FRTI Winter Fire School 2016
- Feb. 18 to 20, 2016
Interface A 2016
- Feb. 21 to 23, 2016
Interface B 2016
- Feb. 27 to March 1, 2016
36th Annual Dialysis Conference
- March 17 to 20, 2016
Maize Genetics Conference 2016
- March 28 to April 1, 2016
Community Development Academy-Courses 1 and 2 Spring 2016
- March 29 to April 1, 2016
20th Central Hardwood Forest Conference 2016
Social Media Marketing for Small Business
Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
500 East Walnut, Suite 103, Columbia MO map...
Optimizing Social-Media and Online Presence for Small Businesses is now more critical than ever!
By now, your business probably has a social media presence such as a Facebook page, Twitter account, etc. But is it integrated with your website? Do you optimize your online presence through location and keyword specific tactics via SEM (Search Engine Marketing) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)? Are you efficiently converting your website traffic to leads to customers to evangelists? What are customers saying about your business on local business pages? How about web ads? Is your business’s online presence standing out from your competition's?
WorldWideWeb giants such as Facebook and Google are rolling out changes every day and it could be overwhelming to stay up-to-date on your marketing strategies.
Attend this seminar and gain a comprehensive perspective of what’s new and how you can use newer platforms and features to your advantage to gain an edge over your competition. There are many great free tools out there that you can put to use right away! You don’t have to be a techy person to attend this seminar.
You will walk away with:
• Understanding of how all online platforms need to work together to drive qualified traffic to your business;
• Knowledge to use Google Adwords, Google Adsense, Google Places, Facebook Ads and Yahoo Local;
• Tactics to appropriately engage with and retain your customers on key social media platforms;
• Strategies to gear your internet marketing campaigns to local customers more effectively;
• Techniques to leverage your customers for content creation, R&D, WOM and more;
• Tracking web analytics to gain online marketing intelligence; and
• Measuring leading metrics and ROI.
If your business is not up to speed when it comes to tech savvy networking and socializing then you might suffer from those businesses that tweet, poke and like their way to the top of the social ladder.
Register online or contact the Small Business & Technology Development Center at (573) 882-7096.