MU Extension events calendar
Professional development events
This event has been canceled.
Cooking Matters at the Store (Higginsville) (Session 1 of 2)
Thursday, Sept. 4, 2014, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
509 Fairground Ave, Higginsville MO map...
Join us for a free Cooking Matters at the Store guided grocery store tour!
Practice skills like:
• buying fruits and vegetables on a budget
• comparing unit prices to find bargains
• reading and comparing food labels
• identifying whole grains
• and sticking to your budget!
After the tour you will receive a:
• FREE $10 gift card to the grocery store
• FREE workbook full of tasty recipes and simple tips on buying healthy, low-cost foods
• FREE reusable grocery bag
Cooking Matters classes are open to participants who are low income. Please contact Shanshan Chen, 660-584-3658 to register