MU Extension events calendar
Professional development events
Starting a Business in Missouri
Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 9 a.m. to noon
Direct Impact Business Education Center
10263 St. Charles Rock Rd., St. Louis MO map...
Thinking about starting your own business, being your own boss and enjoying the life of an entrepreneur? Fantastic!
Of course you have a business plan, have secured funding, and have hired an accountant and lawyer, right?
Starting a Business in Missouri is a 3-hour workshop created for those considering going into business for themselves.
In just 3 hours, you will…
• Discover if you have what it takes to be an owner by assessing your strengths and weaknesses.
• Learn the importance of having a business plan and what might go wrong if you don’t!
• Learn how to assess the industry, market and competition.
• Discuss legal and regulatory requirements.
• Find successful writing techniques that appeal to lenders/investor.
• Identify sources of funding.
• Receive a Start-up Manual.
Who Should Attend?
Starting a Business in Missouri is designed for entrepreneurs of all ages, backgrounds, education and experience—regardless of the type of business you want to start! If you are a dislocated or laid off worker registered with jobs.mo.gov, you could attend this workshop at no cost. Phone 314-657-3547 to register. Please call 314-657-3547 for details.
No Cost to Dislocated Workers. Please call 314-657-3547 for details.