MU Extension events calendar
Professional development events
Affordable Care Act for Businesses and Non-profits
Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 10 a.m. to noon
Carl Junction Community Center 303 N. Main St, Carl Junction, MO 64834
To Register: call University of Missouri Barton County Extension Office 417-682-3579 by email at email@example.com.
303 N. Main St., Carl Junction MO map...
Session goal is to provide business owners and managers with the knowledge and skills they need to make the best health insurance decisions possible for themselves, their families and their businesses. Session will include information on:
• New options for buying health insurance: Health Insurance Marketplace
• Tax credits to help pay for health insurance
• New health insurance company rules to protect you
• Access to enrollment assistance
• Other information and assistance sources
• Tips for using health insurance
Using the SHOP marketplace
* How to calculate firm size
* Understanding the calculations for penalties
* Calculating the shared responsiblity payments
* Reporting requirements
Because of the new health care law, individuals, families and businesses will need
to make decisions about their health insurance. As a nonpartisan, neutral entity,
University of Missouri Extension provides education to ensure informed decisions
To Register Call the University of Missouri Extension Center: 417-682-3579 or by email Kathy Macomber at firstname.lastname@example.org.