MU Extension events calendar
Professional development events
- Dec. 13, 2016
MU Extension Program Leadership Council Meeting
- Dec. 15 to 16, 2016
MU Crop Management Conference- 2016
- Jan. 4 to Feb. 3, 2017
Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training
- Jan. 9 to 13, 2017
Youth Development Academy: Raising the Potential of Professionals
- Jan. 9 to 11, 2017
2017 Hazardous Waste Management Winter Institute
- Feb. 23 to 25, 2017
Interface A 2017
- Feb. 26 to 28, 2017
Interface B 2017
- March 11 to 14, 2017
37th Annual Dialysis Conference
- March 27 to 31, 2017
Community Development Academy-Courses 1 and 2 Spring 2017
- April 7 to 8, 2017
Family Medicine Update: A Regional Medical Education Conference
- April 24 to 25, 2017
Advancing Renewables in the Midwest 2017
- June 12 to 16, 2017
2017 University of Missouri Meta-Analysis Summer Institute
This event has been canceled.
From Hoof to Hay Short Course (Session 1 of 3)
Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Good Samaritans Boys Ranch
Jim D. Morris Building
5549 Missouri 13
Facility is located approximately one mile south of Brighton, east of hwy 13
Owning horses can be challenging- from selecting the most suitable breed to proper nutritional health and grazing management. This 3-night equine short course is an educational series designed for the beginner horse enthusiast or as a refresher course for the intermediate horse owner. This course will cover many aspects of horse ownership and will address the following questions:
* What breed of horse is most suited to my endeavors?
* What can I do to better manage my pastures and control weeds?
* What types of forages are best for my horse?
* How do I properly care for my horses hooves and meet her nutritional needs?
* What type of facilities do I need and how can I improve what I currently have?
* How can I improve safety while working with my horse?
* Can I afford to own a horse and is there ways to reduce ownership expenses?
Evening topics include:
Costs of Owning a Horse
Facilities and Equipment
Selection and Safety
Forage and Grazing Management
Registration forms may be obtained from your local MU Extension office.
$60 per pair. Each individual or couple will receive one notebook.