MU Extension events calendar
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Starting a Business in Missouri
When: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 9 a.m. to noon
1520 Market Street, St. Louis MO map...
Thinking about starting your own business, being your own boss and enjoying the life of an entrepreneur? Fantastic!
Of course you have a business plan, have secured funding, and have hired an accountant and lawyer, right?
Starting a Business in Missouri is a 3-hour workshop created for those considering going into business for themselves.
In just 3 hours, you will…
• Discover if you have what it takes to be an owner by assessing your strengths and weaknesses.
• Learn the importance of having a business plan and what might go wrong if you don’t!
• Learn how to assess the industry, market and competition.
• Discuss legal and regulatory requirements.
• Find successful writing techniques that appeal to lenders/investor.
• Identify sources of funding.
• Receive a Start-up Manual.
Who Should Attend?
Starting a Business in Missouri is designed for entrepreneurs of all ages, backgrounds, education and experience—regardless of the type of business you want to start! If you are a dislocated or laid off worker registered with jobs.mo.gov, you could attend this workshop at no cost. Please call 314-657-3547 for details.
No Cost to Dislocated Workers. Please call 314-657-3547 for details.
Starting and Growing Your Business: Key Steps and Resources
When: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
United Bank of Union
15 E Main St, Union MO map...
Are you thinking about starting a small business? Do you have an existing business and would like to grow? Do you have an idea in mind but are not sure how to develop it? Are you aware of the resources available?
Get off to a great start by learning the critical steps involved in establishing and growing a
a small business in Missouri, the free services available through the University of Missouri
Extension-SBTDC for business development and have the opportunity to network with