MU Extension events calendar
Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014
Stay Strong, Stay Healthy (Session 9 of 10)
When: Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Forsyth Presbyterian Church
In older adults, poor diet and lack of physical activity contribute to declining muscle mass and thinning of the bones. Without adequate muscle mass and bone strength, older adults are more prone to falls and are more likely to develop osteoporosis, which currently affects about 55 percent of people over age 50. In this group, falls are more likely to result in broken bones.
Call the Taney County University of Missouri Extension Office
Health Insurance Education and What you need to know about the Affordable Care Act
When: Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Ye Olde English Inn
24 Downing St, Hollister MO map...
Session goal is to provide Missourians with the knowledge and skills they need to make the best health insurance decisions possible for themselves, their families and their businesses. Session will include information on:
• New options for buying health insurance: Health Insurance Marketplace
• Tax credits to help pay for health insurance
• New health insurance company rules to protect you
• Medicare changes
• Access to enrollment assistance
• Other information and assistance sources
• Tips for using health insurance