Timely information for 4-H families
2014 MARKET HOG CHECK-IN, THERE WILL BE NO WEIGH-IN!! Due to a deadly pig virus (PEDv) going across the nation we will not be holding Adair county pig weigh-in. This virus has reported high death loss in weaning pigs and for that reason we want to take extra precaution on how we handle, transport, and enter properties that have pigs. Some key things to note if traveling to a pig farm. 1. Take a shower before leaving your house. 2. Have on clean clothes 3. Disinfect your truck and trailer inside and out. 4. Once you arrive on the farm, do not exit your vehicle until the owner of the property gives you plastic boots or tells you otherwise. 5. Before entering the barn see if you need to step into disinfectant. 6. Don’t travel between two pig farms without
consulting with the second property owner. 7. If you buy pigs from a farm that has had PED, do not buy more pigs from a NON-PED farm.
CHECK-IN PROCESS: Check in will be between April 1 and May 1st. NO ENTRYS will be accepted after MAY 1. THE DEADLINE IS MAY 1 NO LATE ENTRIES to the Adair County Extension Center, 503 E. Northtown Rd. Kirksville, MO 63501. Click here to get the swine check in form.
- Influenza H3N2v: Key facts for people exhibiting pigs at fairs (PDF), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Adair County 4-H Council
- Constitution and By-laws (PDF)
- Adair County 4-H and FFA livestock sale rotation (updated May 2013)
- 2014 – East Center 4-H Club
- 2015 – Liberty 4-H Club
- 2016 – Clover Classics 4-H Club
- 2017 – Fairview 4-H Club
- 2018 – Trinity 4-H Club
- 2019 – Oklahoma Indians 4-H Club
- 2020 – Salt River 4-H Club
- 2021 – Show-Me 4-H Club
- 2022 – Novinger Town and Country 4-H Club
- 2023 – NEMO Ranch Hands 4-H Club
- 2024 – Kirksville FFA
- 2025 – Novinger FFA
4-H in Adair County is a United Way Agency.