4-H Camp is full for 2015.
4-H Counselor Camp: June 10-12, 2015
4-H Camp: June 22-25, 2015
4-H Camps have a greater impact than most people may imagine — camp does develop life skills in youth. . . and we have proof. Two consecutive years of highly positive responses from campers and their parents!
Extension 4-H specialists and the families they serve consider 4-H Camp experiences as a high priority program. 4-H Campers ages 10-13 and their parents were surveyed in 2005 to determine the effectiveness of Missouri 4-H Camps in developing life skills in youth.
- 72.7 percent of youth and 82.4 percent of parents agreed or strongly agreed that 4-H Camp improves skills in Learning to Learn
- 83.2 percent of youth and 83.4 percent of parents agreed or strongly agreed that 4-H Camp develops Social Skills.
- 83.8 percent of youth and 79.1 percent of parents agreed or strongly agreed that 4-H Camp improves Teamwork Skills
- 82.6 percent of youth and 79.1 percent of parents agreed or strongly agreed that 4-H Camp improves Self-Responsibility Skills
- An overwhelming 94.6 percent of youth reported their desire to return to Camp next year. 97.9 percent of parents stated
they were glad they sent their child to camp; 95.7 percent felt the benefits to their child outweighed the cost.
There's more to summer camp than the "tangibles" children bring home — new sports equipment, artwork, macaroni
necklaces and sun-catchers. Have you ever thought about the other benefits, the "intangibles"? 4-H Camps
develop a wealth of skills that benefits children well into adulthood.