Focus on Kids is a workshop to help parents learn how to nurture and support their children through the divorce process and to help parents who are living apart develop ways to work together effectively as co-parents. Focus on Kids satisfies Missouri's educational requirement for parents who are divorcing or filing a motion to modify. It is conducted in cooperation with Missouri’s circuit courts.
2017 Focus on Kids Schedule
25th Circuit Court Focus on Kids Attendance Rules
- Payment of $40 in the form of a money order or cash is required by the close of business on the last workday prior to the scheduled class.
- Parents are required to attend separate classes.
- Childcare is not provided, so children are not allowed to attend.
- The class will last 2.5 hours and participants must be there for the entirety of the class. To meet the requirements for attending the Focus on Kids class, a participant must both sign-in when they arrive at the class and sign-out before they leave. If a participant does not sign-in and sign-out of the class, they will be considered void for attending the class and must register, pay, and attend a new class. If a participant is more than 15 minutes late for the class, they void their attendance for that class and must register, pay, and attend a new class.
- If you need to reschedule, you must do so at least 2 hours before the class you are scheduled to attend. If you fail to call at least 2 hours before your scheduled class, you will be required to pay again to take the class and fees will be forfeited.
- Individuals must call the University of Missouri Extension office in the county they would like to attend the Focus on Kids program to register and pay for the class. They may attend the class in either of the two counties offered (no matter where they live).
- Phelps County Extension Office: (573) 458-6260
- Pulaski County Extension Office: (573) 774-6177
- After completion of the Focus on Kids Training, you will have earned a certificate of completion for you to submit to your lawyer and to the court to be placed in the individual’s folder.
- Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment.
- Chantae Alfred, Family Financial Education Specialist will be the instructor.