Welcome to Platte County
4-H Recognition Event - September 20, 2014
4-H Holiday Fair
Saturday, November 8th, 9 am - 3 pm
Pine Ridge Presbyterian Church, 7600 NW Barry Rd., KCMO
Join us for our 7th Annual Holiday Fair (PDF). There is a Raffle (PDF) and tickets are available now through our office and area 4-H members. Our thanks and appreciation to the many vendors for the items that have donated to the raffle.
Strategic Planning for the MINK Corridor
The MINK Corridor (Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas) encompasses rural areas along the Missouri River from below Omaha south to above Kansas City. Anyone with an interest who believes their community may have economic benefit is welcome to participate. Find more information here.
Mind Mapping from Extension Council
Platte County University of Missouri Extension Council looked at three educational themes developed for statewide programming in the next 2-3 years. Please review and reply with your specific ideas or programs or locations or volunteer to work with council and staff to plan, develop and implement.
MU Theme Area: Educational Attainment
- Programs for 50+
- Expand 4-H Conference on Global Careers to include K-12 schools around other areas than Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Partnership with Higher Education to develop noncredit stackable classes that will lead to credit
- Expand Character Council program to all county high schools
MU Theme area: Environmental Concerns
- Education on the economic and environmental value of a sustainable environment
- Maintain and sustain ecosystems
- Develop informational programs for seniors on benefits, health, finances resource package
- Work with other agencies to develop health programs in underserved communities of Platte
- Market existing programs like “field to table or pantry’ or the value of eating, growing and preserving organic foods.
If you or someone you know is a grandparent, aunt or uncle raising children, then the Northland Grandfamilies (PDF) program may be of interest to you. Meet with others like you in general monthly support group meetings.