Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Extension Business Award
The Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry Extension Business Award recognizes faculty and professional staff members whose educational programming supports the economic viability of Missouri businesses.
The Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry presents the Extension Business Award at a regional or campus event.
University of Missouri campus and regional faculty and professional staff members with a 50 percent extension appointment are eligible. Members of the immediate administrative staff of the Vice Provost for Extension, regional directors, campus extension administrators and members of the Fellowship and Awards Committee are not eligible.
Nominees are evaluated on:
- Recognition of their competence and leadership by Missouri business
- Demonstration of their interest and ability to assist businesses in finding solutions to problems
- Established identity as providing quality information and educational programs
- Success in providing information on opportunities, plans, activities and progress to interested parties
- Effectiveness in establishing relationships with firms, organizations, legislators and civic groups
Nominations and selection
County extension councils, extension faculty and staff members, manufacturers or other agencies may nominate an individual specialist. Nominations materials should include biographical information about the nominee; testimonials or success stories; and letters of support from clientele, colleagues or supervisors.
Nominations are reviewed by the Fellowship and Awards Committee appointed by the Vice Provost for Extension. The committee — comprised of representatives of UMEA, Epsilon Sigma Phi, the UM campuses, Lincoln University and the Vice Provost's Office — makes recommendations to the Vice Provost and the President of the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry, who makes the final selection.
Nomination form (DOC)
Recipients of the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry Extension Business Award
2012 Kathy Macomber
2011 Chris Thompson
2010 Chris Shoemaker